Barden FS are proud to be partnering with one of Ireland’s largest insurance providers as they look for an experienced Risk Associate to join their growing Cork team. This person will provide oversight for all risk related matters, act as a point of contact for any risk-related issues and assist in the maintenance of an effective risk framework throughout the business.
Permanent role, competitive salary, progression opportunities and hybrid working model (1 day/week or 1 week/month, equivalent).
“This is a great opportunity for someone with a background in risk looking to take a step into the financial services space, or a young risk professional looking to develop in a global insurance company. You’ll be joining a small dynamic team and will be play a key role in monitoring & ensuring that effective risk-related practices are in place across the business” – Hiring Manager
About the Role:
- Maintain an effective Risk Management Framework; monitoring, assessing and reporting any risks where necessary.
- Collaborate with the business for risk reporting and register maintenance, including risk issues and events near misses.
- Develop a risk culture for proactive risk mitigation and timely escalation of issues, aligned with risk appetite.
- Prepare timely risk reporting on a quarterly basis for various Committees and ad-hoc needs.
- Assist with Compliance and Fraud risk Assessments, as well as Internal Audit action updates.
About the Person:
- Recognised qualification in Risk/Compliance (ACOI, etc.) preferred.
- Circa 1-3 years’ work experience in Financial Services (desirable).
- Strong working knowledge of regulatory framework surrounding the insurance industry and Central Bank requirements desirable.
Hi, we’re Barden. We’re the Partner Led Talent Advisory & Recruitment Firm that puts Talent first. With practices across Accounting & Tax, Business Support, Financial Services, Legal, Life Sciences, Supply Chain, and Technology, we help build world-class teams for Ireland’s top companies and we help top Talent achieve their ambitions. Simple.