ROLE: SOX IT Senior Auditor
REPORTING TO: Group Director of Internal Controls
ABOUT THE ROLE:
Barden are delighted to have been asked to act on behalf of our client to support the appointment of a number of ‘SOX IT Senior Auditors” on a 12-month contract basis, who will operate from their Headquarters in Dublin.
“The uplift to our Internal Controls teams comes an exciting juncture in the business, with a recent NYSE listing. The Internal Controls team is a key part of the governance framework and an important component of the ‘second line of defence’ within the business. The role will span across Group and all other Companies / Divisions within the Business” Group Director of Internal Controls
ABOUT THE ROLE:
The role requires an individual to support the Director of Internal Controls in ensuring that the IT control environment meet SOX standards and support recent NYSE listing. The role will report to the Group Director of Internal Controls and may require a small amount of travel, up to a maximum of 10%.
- Completing both design adequacy and operating effectiveness testing of the assigned systems / ITGCs in accordance with defined quality standards and deadlines.
- Identify develop and, where applicable, help implement IT General Computing Controls.
- Ensuring high standard quality documentation and test scripts are delivered on a consistent and timely basis.
- Communicating and reporting deficiency findings to management.
- Monitoring management’s responses and implementation of agreed remediation plans.
- Ensuring effective business changes are introduced as a result of deficiency findings.
- Liaising with internal and external auditors as required.
- Working with the Director of Internal Controls, Internal Controls IT Manager, internal controls colleagues, InfoSec and Heads of Technology, to improve internal control.
- Building strong professional relationships with peers and management in the business.
ABOUT THE PERSON:
Experience and Qualifications:
- Educated to degree level. Additional IT Audit (CISA) or IT Security (CISM, CISSP) qualifications required.
- Audit experience in enterprise environments.
- Advanced understanding of IT General Computing Controls (ITGCs).
- Competent knowledge of IT and Information Security operations, policies and procedures in areas such as Windows Active Directory, Unix/Linux, databases.
- Knowledge of cloud architecture (AWS, GCP or Azure), operational frameworks and security controls would be beneficial.
- Ability to identify issues and associated risks, and provide practical solutions to a wide range of Internal Controls issues.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
Desirable Personal Attributes & Competencies:
- Ability to influence change at all levels of management.
- Strong analytical and technical skills.
- Ability to communicate (both written and verbal) to all levels of management.
- The ability to develop and establish strong working relationships.
- Excellent attention to detail and commitment to delivering quality results.
- Highly motivated, proactive, and able to work on own initiative.
- Be a great team player.
Hi, we’re Barden. We’re the Partner Led Talent Advisory & Recruitment Firm that puts Talent first. With practices across Accounting & Tax, Business Support, Financial Services, Life Sciences, Legal, Supply Chain, and Technology, we help build world-class teams for Ireland’s top companies and we help top Talent achieve their ambitions.Simple.