Barden is delighted to partner with a significant Irish business to support the appointment of a Strategic PMO who will play a central role in the transformation of every facet of the business over the coming years.
In this newly created leadership role, you will drive rapid business transformation (across up to 80 projects), provide support to the Head of Strategy across the Ireland and UK and serve as a vital link between the business and portfolio strategy.
“We need someone who can take a comprehensive view across various expert-led projects, introducing structures and transformative processes for the team. The focus is on delivering a substantial program of work while keeping operational strategy at the forefront. This role offers high visibility across the executive team and provides an impactful opportunity for an experienced PMO leader.” – Head of Strategy
ABOUT THE ROLE:
- Oversee end-to-end Strategic PMO delivery across workstreams, supporting Project Managers/Leads in each workstream.
- Establish and manage support functions for planning, tracking, and reporting.
- Collaborate closely with project leads on progress reporting, managing issues, risks, and dependencies.
- Ensure effective management of the program’s timeline, issues, risks, and benefits tracking.
- Proactively identify and address potential risks, facilitating discussions and resolutions for issues.
- Maintain transparent communication with all stakeholders, providing regular updates on PMO progress, status, and milestones.
- Produce consolidated progress reports for governance and stakeholder engagement meetings.
- Foster advocacy and trusted partnerships within the program.
ABOUT THE PERSON:
- Experienced Program Manager (circa 8-10 years) with a proven track record of establishing a large-scale strategic PMO.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to influence at all levels within a large Irish company.
Note: The company operates with a hybrid work approach, with approximately three days a week in their Cork office.
Hi, we’re Barden. We’re the Partner Led Talent Advisory & Recruitment Firm that puts Talent first. With practices across Accounting & Tax, Business Support, Financial Services, Legal, Life Sciences, Supply Chain, and Technology, we help build world-class teams for Ireland’s top companies and we help top Talent achieve their ambitions. Simple.