Reporting to the finance director, as indirect tax manager you will be responsible for managing the indirect tax matters of the group. You will work closely with the business to understand the challenges facing the business and ensure the indirect tax implications are considered.
About the role
- Responsible for ensuring indirect tax compliance according to Irish legislation and the groups accounting policies
- Keeping informed of legislative changes regarding indirect taxes and informing the business on the required changes to systems, budgets etc
- Manage cross border activities from a tax perspective
- Manage relationships with external tax advisors
- Support any tax audits and inquiries
- Provide technical support on all indirect tax matters and support ad hoc projects
About the person
- A qualified accountant and/or qualified tax professional at manager level with a strong background in indirect taxes.
- A good knowledge of accounting software and systems
- An understanding of indirect tax accounting and reporting processes
- The ability to work within a fast paced environment and to work in cross functional and cross jurisdictional teams
- Good commercial acumen with an interest and understanding of relevant business issues
- Ambitious with the drive to develop technically and other skills
Working across all business types, but exclusively within the tax, accounting & finance community, Barden exists to share bespoke advice, guidance and support at each step of your career.