Barden have been engaged by one of the world’s leading technology companies to identify a Financial Accountant to join their team. This is a key role within their Finance Team – they are very much looking for an experienced accountant (ideally with a tax and/or compliance background) who will grow and progress within the business over time.
ABOUT THE ROLE
- Implement new procedures and drive process improvements to ensure processes meet business objectives as efficiently as possible. Lead projects to drive any such improvements.
- Monitor and drive accountability for all tax and financial compliance requirements across a number of sites in different locations.
- Lead interactions with external tax advisers and finance teams to achieve the highest possible compliance for the company’s Irish operations.
- Lead the interactions with external auditors and produce complex financial statements for the company’s European operations.
- Preparation of corporate financial and tax packages.
- Assist in the cost accounting and inventory management.
- Lead ad hoc projects and new system implementations.
- Participate in delivery of finance training for cross functional teams.
- Liaise and interact with various internal departments.
- Ad hoc reporting duties as required.
- Ad hoc business travel may be required from time to time.
“We have the highest performing finance team in our global business – this means that expectations are high but so too are the rewards and career advancement” – Finance Director (Europe)
ABOUT THE PERSON
- Be a qualified accountant with 3 years post qualified experience in a large, multinational organisation
- Hold a recognised professional Tax qualification (preferred)
- Have strong technical and analytical skills to deliver accurate, quality financial analysis.
- Be a strong communicator, hardworking and self-motivated with the ability to work independently.
- Be commercially aware and enjoy interacting with cross functional teams across the organisation.
- Have excellent organisational and time management skills with the ability to manage several priorities at once.
- Have a good work ethic and strong career ambition which is critical for success in this role.
Working across all business types, but exclusively within the accounting, finance & tax community, Barden exists to share bespoke advice, guidance and support at each step of your career.