Barden are partnering with our client, a long-standing Irish indigenous business to help them to identify an Assistant Financial Controller to work closely with and support the Financial Controller on this close-knit and friendly finance team. Assisting and working closely with the Financial Controller, this is a broad Assistant Accountant role that would suit a part qualified/ nearly or newly qualified accountant who would like to work with a successful SME in a broad and diverse role.
ABOUT THE ROLE
- Assisting in Preparation of monthly Management Accounts
- Postings of sales and purchase invoices to ledgers
- Allocation of bank payments and receipts.
- Bank, VAT, Creditors, Debtors reconciliations
- Control accounting
- Assisting with month end reporting
- Assisting with month end analysis as required
- Preparation and filing of PAYE, VAT, RCT.
- Assisting with external Audits.
- Payroll & Employee expense processing
- Statutory reporting as required.
- Getting involved in any adhoc finance projects that come up
- Assisting with reporting to stakeholders internally and externally
ABOUT THE CANDIDATE
- Strong accounting experience- Part qualified accountant/ Nearly qual or newly qualified accountant
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Payroll and expenses experience is highly desirable
- Have the ability to work on your own initiative
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Office packages
Working across all business types, but exclusively within the accounting, finance & tax community, Barden exists to share bespoke advice, guidance and support to professionals along each step of their career journey.
In Barden we’re the experts in accounting and tax recruitment; the people finance professionals speak with before they start looking for a job. Make sure you get expert advice from Barden first – your future is just too important to leave to chance.