Barden is delighted to be partnering with a leading national accounting, tax and business advisory firm who are interested in speaking to qualified accountants to join their growing Assurance & Accounting team in Vancouver.
ABOUT THE ROLE
- Conduct compilation, review, audit, bookkeeping and tax engagements
- Set-up files for new clients and newly incorporated businesses; manage multiple files simultaneously and conduct inventory counts
- Perform accounts receivable, accounts payable, capital asset acquisition and disposition and payroll walk-through with clients
- Summarize clients’ current financial status by collecting information and preparing balance sheet, profit and loss statements and other relevant reports
- Assess and assure appropriateness of audit evidence for expenses, revenues, capital asset additions, accounts payable, accounts receivable and prepaid expenses
- Review, investigate and correct discrepancies and irregularities in financial entries, documents and reports
- Establish charts of accounts and prepare entries for posting to accounts
- Prepare correspondence, technical reports, client summaries and presentations outlining engagement findings, facts and highlights
- Develop effective working relationships with clients while coaching and mentoring junior team members
- Participate in business development initiatives and identify new business opportunities.
ABOUT THE PERSON
- ACA/ACCA Qualified
- 2 to 4 years of relevant public accounting experience
- Extensive knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) and International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS)
- Experience working with accounting and tax software
- Understanding of business, accounting, management and practice development principles
Barden’s Accounting and Tax recruitment practice is where finance professionals go before they start looking for a job. Make sure you get expert advice about your Accounting / Tax career from Barden first – your future is just too important to leave to chance.