Barden is working with the fastest growing audit, tax and advisory firm in the Cayman Islands. The Cayman Islands is a major international financial centre with global leadership in a number of areas, including international banking & trust business, international insurance and reinsurance, structured finance and a world leader in offshore funds. You will gain international experience in a global and dynamic industry that is transferrable to any location in the world and work for a fast growth firm that recognises high performance that will lead to fast-track promotion.
ABOUT THE ROLE
By joining the Audit department, you will work closely with audit partners, directors and managers to provide audit services to our portfolio of funds and insurance clients. The role includes the following responsibilities:
- Manage portfolio of clients from audit planning to completion, including organising own time and submission for manager review on a timely basis.
- Allocate responsibilities to junior/staff auditors.
- Review junior team members’ work for accuracy and compliance.
- Perform effective risk and control assessments.
- Present audit findings and find ways to increase compliance and efficiency.
ABOUT THE PERSON
Fully qualified CA / ACA / ACCA / CPA with 2+ years relevant experience to join a fast-growing team.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or a business-related field is required.
- Proficient in English (verbal and written).
- Previous audit experience (2+ years) in a medium to large public accounting firm or a professional services firm and the ability to work unsupervised are essential.
- Big 4 audit experience is a plus.
- A proficiency in US GAAP and IFRS are strongly desired.
- Experience auditing Financial Services entities is essential; experience in fund or insurance audits is desirable.
- Ability to take ownership of your portfolio and meet deadlines, have attention to detail and be a team player.
Barden’s Accounting and Tax recruitment practice is where finance professionals go before they start looking for a job. Make sure you get expert advice about your Accounting / Tax career from Barden first – your future is just too important to leave to chance.