An exciting opportunity has been newly created for a tax manager to develop their career within a fast growing Irish headquartered business. You will join an established tax function and play a key part of the decision making processes. As the group continue to expand into different territories and launch new products and services, there is a requirement for the tax function to also grow and this role will have a particular focus on the company’s US expansion plans. You do not need US tax experience to succeed in the role.
A great opportunity to join a fantastic team with a flexible working culture and excellent benefits along with a genuine career development plan.
About the position
- Identifying opportunities for improved or more efficient tax compliance processes
- Responsibility for tax compliance and internal reporting for the US business
- Supporting the Senior Tax Manager on US tax enquiries and audits
- Representing Tax in cross-functional forums and developing good relationships across the business
- Advising and influencing senior stakeholders on the commercial impact of any tax law changes
- Contributing to the development of the wider team through training and hands-on coaching
- Monitoring compliance with transfer pricing agreements
- Reviewing relevant transactions, contracts and new business practices from a tax perspective
- Involvement in multiple ad hoc projects
- Liaising with external advisors and managing relevant budgets
- Working with the wider Tax team to ensure consistency of approach for any inter-company transactions
About the person
- Big 4 trained with minimum of 3 years’ PQE in Tax.
- Collaborative team player with excellent interpersonal/communication skills,
- Proven ability in developing effective working relationships across all levels of the organisation.
- Effective and persuasive presentation skills, including the ability to present complex information in an understandable manner to all areas of the business.
- Ability to lead, influence and coach others
Barden’s Accounting and Tax recruitment practice is where finance professionals go before they start looking for a job. Make sure you get expert advice about your Accounting / Tax career from Barden first – your future is just too important to leave to chance.