Barden are delighted to be supporting an established indigenous business in identifying a Head of Finance / Financial Controller. This is an exciting, all-encompassing role where you will not only manage the finances but work closely with the General Manager to identify new strategic opportunities for the business.
“We are lucky to operate in an environment where customers and suppliers support each other for the long term which creates opportunities for our company and our wider business community. We are looking for someone we can trust to be a leader in our business and take the company to the next level” – Managing Director
ABOUT THE ROLE:
The position of Head of Finance is a senior role within the company where you would report to the General Manager & Directors of the business on all finance and related strategic matters.
Key areas of the role:
- Responsible for contributing to, supporting and delivering the strategic objectives of the company.
- Manage all finance related aspects which will impact on the strategy and growth of the business.
- Preparation of budgets and forecasts, including monitoring and reporting on same, given key information to senior management on the performance of the company.
- Ultimate responsibility over the Financial control of the business including but not limited to Corporate Governance, Tax compliance, Control Framework and managing the relationship with external auditors.
- Manage a small finance team, providing leadership to staff and delegation of duties.
- Ensure robust financial systems are in place.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with Customers and Suppliers.
ABOUT THE PERSON:
- Fully Qualified Accountant with minimum 7 years PQE
- A strong communicator with excellent interpersonal skills
- Possess a positive attitude and ability to act on own initiative
- Medium enterprise experience a distinct advantage
Barden’s Accounting and Tax recruitment practice is where finance professionals go before they start looking for a job. Make sure you get expert advice about your Accounting / Tax career from Barden first – your future is just too important to leave to chance.