A leading professional services firm, based in Dublin city centre are looking to recruit a technical tax learning & development partner to join their learning & development (L&D) team. This is a great opportunity for a tax professional at manager or senior manager level to merge both your technical tax knowledge with your learning and development experience.
A great team to join with a very structured calendar of work so whilst your role will be busy, it can be performed within the standard working day. As the firm are going through a period of growth with ambitious plans for the next 3-5 years, there is room for the position to evolve and progress.
About the position
- Responsibility for the creation and implementation of the firms Technical Tax and Law Learning Strategy
- Assisting in content design and roll-out of technical tax and legal curriculum across the Irish tax practice
- Representing the firm on professional institution committees from a technical tax learning perspective and providing advice/views on professional examination syllabi and assessment methods
- Creation, negotiation and monitoring of the learning budget and working with the finance and operations team in this regard
- Completion of regular training needs analysis and technical tax solution implementation in conjunction with the business/learning champions
- Developing relationships within the Tax practice and wider firm to build a strong network. Liaising and reporting to Partners, Learning Champions, Talent Teams and other key stakeholders within the business on all tax training initiatives
- Assist with and deliver technical tax course presentations for the Tax Trainee population.
- Course evaluation, reporting, feedback to facilitators and course amendments where necessary
- Tax and Law Learning communications strategy and rollout – regular reporting to Tax and Law Partners, Tax Leadership and wider Tax and Law Practice through Town Halls/Partner Meetings
- L&D Projects, e.g. On-the-job learning application, Employee Learning Experience, Buddy and Counsellor connect, Future Leaders Programme, Hybrid working and Hybrid Learning
- Liaise with Education Team, HR, Finance etc. regarding Taxation Examinations, Graduate, Intern and Work-Placement On-boarding and designing technical content for same in conjunction with the business and learning champions
ABOUT THE PERSON:
- A genuine interest in learning and development, coaching and training
- Ability to design tax technical content from early careers to mid and senior levels of experience within the organisation
- Learning and development experience in a professional services firm or similar (education; financial Services)
- Identify, in consultation with the business and learning champions, future training requirements based on upcoming tax legislation and developments in tax profession. Ability to keep up-to-speed on changes in tax legislation and developments in the tax arena to incorporate into learning plan
- AITI taxation qualification (desirable)
- CIPD, IITD qualification (desirable)
- Experience of coaching and developing more junior staff within the wider Talent Team
- Budget creation, negotiation and management experience
- Excellent team leader and player- ability to integrate and build effective relationships at all levels
- Ability to build strong relationships with leadership and key stakeholders
- Ability to present and report to leadership and key stakeholders on a regular basis
- Project management skills, plan and prioritize work, meet deadlines.
Barden’s Accounting and Tax recruitment practice is where finance professionals go before they start looking for a job. Make sure you get expert advice about your Accounting / Tax career from Barden first – your future is just too important to leave to chance.