A fantastic leadership opportunity for a senior tax professional to join a specialist financial services group as head of tax. Leading a great in-house tax team, you will be part of the wider finance team with primary responsibility for all tax related matters impacting the group.
A key position for the team, you will report directly into the CFO and join at an exciting time of the business as they continue to grow and develop their operations across Ireland and internationally.
” A dynamic environment & culture exists within the company, this position will suit someone who is interested in joining a strong and experienced leadership team, at a time where there’s huge growth and change.” HR Manager
Some key aspects of the position include:
- Developing the existing in-house tax team and take a lead on all team matters to ensure continued success of this valued team within the business
- Working closely with all other finance teams and across the business to ensure tax matters are managed to ultimately minimise tax risk & identify tax saving opportunities
- Develop a collaborative working relationship with the leadership team and proactively address changing tax trends, tax laws and policy issues which may impact the wider group both in Ireland and internationally
- Oversee the compliance matters and tax accounting /reporting processes for the group
- Provide support on all tax planning projects and advisory work
- Be the key point of contact when dealing with Revenue authorities and other relevant industry groups & bodies
About the person
- An experienced tax professional, operating at director level if coming directly from practice
- A strong leader with the ability to lead and develop a team and work alongside other leaders of the business on group wide initiatives
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to develop strong working relationships with other departments across the business
In Barden we’re the experts in accounting and tax recruitment; the people finance professionals speak with before they start looking for a job. Make sure you get expert advice from Barden first – your future is just too important to leave to chance.