Here in Barden we are delighted to be partnering with a key player in the biopharmaceutical manufacturing sector for four decades, in their search for a Buyer to join the team. This organisation has a diverse product portfolio including the likes of process and equipment engineering, consulting services, and site services. They engineer, design, manufacture, and service the entire bioprocess with a goal to reduce costs, expedite time to market, and optimize productivity for pharmaceuticals.
As a Procurement Specialist , you will be instrumental in securing products and services under the most favourable terms and conditions. Collaborating closely with internal teams, you will identify needs and cultivate strong business relationships with vendors. Your focus will extend to negotiations, cost savings, and contributing to strategic initiatives.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
- Negotiate service contracts for supplemental labour and services.
- Support Project Management, Manufacturing, and Service functions in procuring mechanical & electrical components/services on schedule.
- Ensure the optimal combination of price, quality, and lead time for all items/services purchased through effective negotiation.
- Cultivate and maintain robust vendor relationships to ensure on-time delivery, quality, and competitive pricing.
- Assist QC/Receiving in resolving product or documentation discrepancies.
- Provide timely updates to Project Managers on procurement status.
- Support Product Management and Sales functions in obtaining quotations for project proposals.
- Collaborate to identify opportunities for technical information sessions.
- Work with the Global Director, Supply Chain, and other departments to implement process improvements and cost reduction strategies.
- Perform other duties as assigned to support projects and customer expectations.
ABOUT THE PERSON:
- Minimum of 3 years in results-oriented corporate buying.
- Experience in negotiating large purchase orders and contracts.
- Effective communication skills across all levels of the company structure.
- Self-starter, organized, highly adaptive and flexible.
- Willingness and ability to learn in a changing environment.
Hi, we’re Barden. We’re the Partner Led Talent Advisory & Recruitment Firm that puts Talent first. With practices across Accounting & Tax, Business Support, Financial Services, Legal, Life Sciences, Supply Chain, and Technology, we help build world-class teams for Ireland’s top companies and we help top Talent achieve their ambitions. Simple.