An opportunity has arisen for an Employment Tax Senior Manager to join a hugely successful international group, headquartered in Dublin.
As senior manager, you will be responsible for advising the group on all aspects of employment taxes for both Europe and the US. This is a key role for the business with a huge employee base across multiple jurisdictions.
A fantastic business to work for with an inclusive nature and flexible working culture. As the business continues to expand, there will be scope for future career opportunities for this person.
About the position
- Lead and develop the Employment Tax advisory function across Europe and the US.
- Proactively advise the business on all employment tax issues and opportunities, liaising with external advisors where necessary.
- Engage with senior stakeholders across the business to understand and communicate the impact of any changes in employment tax legislation.
- Keep up to date with current tax and regulatory requirements and provide updates to senior stakeholders on new legislation relevant to employment taxes, providing insight into implications and recommendations on actions.
- Work with the HR teams to drive changes in policy to enhance compliance and reporting.
- Act as advisor to Payroll function for all tax related issues, particularly on new regulations and changes to practice.
- Support the wider tax team initiatives which may have relevance to employment taxes.
- Partner with the Global Mobility team on tax aspects associated with globally mobile employees, remote workers, and displaced employees.
- Support the business with new country entry updating group policies and procedures for local legislation.
- Responsible for managing any employment tax audits.
- Liaise with relevant Tax Authorities where necessary and build on good working relationships established by the group.
- Review projects and systems implementation and assess impact from a tax perspective.
- Develop a culture of continuous improvement to bring efficiencies to processes and technology, improve ways of working and enhance controls.
ABOUT THE PERSON:
- Qualified tax professional with at least 5 years pqe within employment taxes
- Strong communication skills with the ability to communicate to all levels within the business.
- Strong planning and organisation skills, ability to plan and prioritise work schedule and work within agreed timescales.
- Commercial awareness with ability to demonstrate a sound knowledge of wider business factors.
- Have strong financial and analytical acumen as well as excellent Project Management and communication skills.
Barden’s Accounting and Tax recruitment practice is where finance professionals go before they start looking for a job. Make sure you get expert advice about your Accounting / Tax career from Barden first – your future is just too important to leave to chance.