Barden are delighted to be working with a well-established and hugely successful Irish business in the construction industry, headquartered here in Cork, who are looking for a strong Financial Accountant to join their high-performing Finance team. Reporting to a high-calibre Finance Director, the candidate will have a wide range of responsibilities including month-end reporting, liaising with key stakeholders across the business on commercial activities and ad-hoc tax work. This will be a move for the long-term.
“This person will join our growing Finance team and take on a wide-range of responsibilities. This would be a great move for someone who is keen to gain hands-on, practical experience while also being involved in the commercial activities of the business and getting the chance to work alongside senior members of the business on a daily business” – Finance Director
ABOUT THE ROLE:
- Responsible for review and posting of month-end close and accounting transactions;
- Responsible for the accounting and reporting requirements under IFRS;
- Liaise with internal and external auditors and support the audit process by providing timely and accurate information and data;
- Analysis of financial trends which will support key decision making for the business;
- The development of strong relationships with key stakeholders across the business;
- Evaluation of processes and recommends and implements process improvements;
- Ad-hoc projects as required.
ABOUT THE PERSON:
- Qualified Accountant with 1-3 years’ PQE;
- Experience with IFRS is desirable;
- Strong technical skills;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills – the ability to work effectively within a small, tight-knit team;
- An effective team player, who demonstrates excellent leadership and negotiation skills.
Please get in touch with Siobhán Sexton in Barden (email@example.com) for more information.
Barden’s Accounting and Tax recruitment practice is where finance professionals go before they start looking for a job. Make sure you get expert advice about your Accounting / Tax career from Barden first – your future is just too important to leave to chance.