Our client, a highly recognisable brand across Ireland, is looking for a recently qualified accountant to join their Internal Audit team (minimal travel requirement). As part of the role, you will be working directly with a high-calibre Head of Internal Audit who is looking for a strong and ambitious person to work alongside them to assist in the continued growth of the business.
“This is a really exciting time for the business, with the continued expansion into new areas for us. I am looking for someone who wants to accelerate their career and gain exposure across the entire business in the process” – Head of Internal Audit
ABOUT THE ROLE:
- Developing a thorough understanding of the business, industry and operations to adequately identify risk;
- Performing walkthroughs to identify areas for process improvement across the group;
- Developing detailed testing plans to assess the operating and design effectiveness of internal controls;
- Liaise with key senior stakeholders in the planning and performance of internal audit activities;
- Present findings and monitor the implementation of suggested action plans to key members;
- Ad-hoc projects.
ABOUT THE PERSON:
- Qualified accountant;
- Previous Internal or External Audit experience essential;
- Strong Excel and systems experience;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills – the ability to work effectively across multiple functions;
- An effective team player, who demonstrates excellent leadership and negotiation skills.
This is an ideal role for someone looking for the opportunity to develop their career and progress within a well-known Irish business.
Please get in touch with Siobhán Sexton in Barden (email@example.com) for more information.
Barden’s Accounting and Tax recruitment practice is where finance professionals go before they start looking for a job. Make sure you get expert advice about your Accounting / Tax career from Barden first – your future is just too important to leave to chance.