Here in Barden we are delighted to be partnering with our client, a growing and unique business, in their search for an ambitious Purchasing Assistant to work closely alongside the Director of Purchasing on a number of key projects as the business continues to grow.They are looking for a dynamic professional to go on a journey with them. You don’t need to know everything about Purchasing here just know where to go to look for solutions and be passionate about this company’s growth and mission. It is brilliant to see this business performing so well on an Irish as well as international stage. This is a global role and there are a number of entities involved.
This role will work closely with the wider Purchasing team with the CEO of the company and other various functions.
The role is based in County Cork.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
- Review and effectively communicate information to the procurement director.
- Ensure accurate purchase orders for procurement items.
- Allocate POs correctly to specific areas.
- Obtain documentation for products/materials and deliver to the Health & Safety Advisor.
- Maintain optimal stock levels in the inventory system.
- Follow up on returns and credit notes.
- Establish and enforce procurement procedures.
- Keep sites informed of outstanding items and delivery dates.
- Maintain relationships with existing suppliers for efficiency.
- Communicate with suppliers to ensure on-time deliveries.
- Update contracts and key supplier databases.
- Process credit card payments and update Visa card records.
- Assist Accounts with inquiries.
- Help identify new suppliers.
- Review supplier performance and procurement program success.
- Travel to HQ for training and occasional visits.
ABOUT THE PERSON:
- A minimum of 1-2 years of relevant experience
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work independently and adapt to changing priorities
- Demonstrate enthusiasm and positive attitude
- Ability to deal with various different stakeholders
Hi, we’re Barden. We’re the Partner Led Talent Advisory & Recruitment Firm that puts Talent first. With practices across Accounting & Tax, Business Support, Financial Services, Legal, Life Sciences, Supply Chain, and Technology, we help build world-class teams for Ireland’s top companies and we help top Talent achieve their ambitions. Simple.