Barden FS are partnering with one of Ireland’s leading investment firms in their search for a Senior Compliance Associate. Reporting into the MLRO, a working knowledge of the regulatory environment is essential for this role when dealing with senior stakeholders.
“We are looking for someone with a hands-on approach; not afraid to challenge ideas and ask the questions that need to be asked. Experience is important, but we are looking closely at personality as well.” – Hiring Manager
About the Role:
- Assisting the MLRO with the day-to-day operations of the team.
- Ensuring that the company’s financial crime policies are consistent with relevant legislation and guidelines.
- Assisting 1st Line of Defence teams – assessing and providing recommendations for the alerts identified by the 1st Line of Defence.
- Conducting AML assurance assessments, drafting MLRO reports, and assisting with the review of AML technical solutions.
- Liaising with regulatory bodies and conducting regular ad-hoc AML training for staff and board of directors.
About the Person:
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant area – finance, business, economics, law, etc.
- Around 3 years of experience with exposure to AML requirements.
- Compliance qualifications, desirable – LCOI, ACOI, etc.
- Ability to show initiative when working alone and as part of a team.
- Strong communication skills and excellent attention to detail.
Barden’s Financial Services recruitment practice is where FS professionals go before they start looking for a job. Make sure you get expert advice about your financial services career from Barden first – your future is just too important to leave to chance.