An opportunity for a tax manager has arisen to join a leading tax function of an international business, headquartered in Dublin.
As tax manager you will be involved in mix of compliance and advisory projects and also includes extensive business partnering. This particular tax team is a commercially focused team and is a high profile tax function within the organisation and as such provides interesting challenges.
A broad and varied in-house tax role which will develop highly transferable business skills that will make you a more rounded tax professional.
About the position
- Reviewing tax returns is an important part of the role but utilises significant data automation processes
- Proactively manage the tax issues within the business, working with commercial, finance and legal teams in this regard
- Develop a detailed understanding of the Group’s products to aid review of tax calculations
- Respond to queries from across the business
- Manage a developed risk framework, monitoring and understanding changes to domestic and international tax rules and advising how they could impact the business
- Develop relationships across the business ranging from Finance to Legal & Regulatory Compliance
- Support Senior Managers in the team in the provision of advice on new product and market launches across international markets
- Responding to queries or audits from tax authorities in various jurisdictions
- Respond to queries arising from the statutory audit and internal audit process
About the person
- Qualified tax professional operating at manager level within practice or a at least 2 years pqe if coming from industry
- Exposure to international tax issues
- Could be suited to a candidate wanting to step into their first manager role in industry
- Tax compliance experience is desirable (either direct or indirect tax)
- Willingness to put yourself out of your comfort zone and build relationships across the business
- Team player with excellent communication skills and the ability to work across a fast paced global organisation
- Commercially focused individual with an enthusiasm to go out to the business and talk to non tax teams on business matters
Barden’s Accounting and Tax recruitment practice is where finance professionals go before they start looking for a job. Make sure you get expert advice about your Accounting / Tax career from Barden first – your future is just too important to leave to chance.